Sunday, August 28, 2016

Vegan in Japan- beginnings

Finally time to post about food.
My first shopping was a failure.
I got all frustrated that I have no idea what to eat,
that I do not understand kanji on ingredients list
and I finished buying some non-vegan things
which I actually ate because I hate wasting food
and throwing  it  away would not help any animal
as I have already bought it and pay for it.

Now it slowly comes down.
It is far from perfect
but at least it has settled a little bit
and what is most important I enjoy discovering
new world of eating.

What is even more important I have rice.
No fear of hunger.
Already 2 kg of best rice ever <3


Some pasta. 
Udon, soba, rice one but also 100% durum spaghetti


And
beans including tofu of course!
And this tofu... just add some soy sauce
and you can eat it straightly from a package..


Vegetables


Soy milk.
I can't wait to open the banana one!


Meat substitutes.
I bought some in eco store but it was not a good decision.
Way too expensive and you can find normal seitan in a supermarket.
I am really curious about this baked seitan which looks like a bread!
Yes, it is really a seitan in the middle of the picture!


No oatmeal. No life. So..


Seaweeds. Nori and konbu.


Something sweet to put on.. rice.
Well but also bread as I found a bakery with vegan baguette.


Of course big bottle of soy sauce and sesame oil.
Sesame oil is not that expensive in Japan.


Some ready-made food for lazy time.


Well.. sweets :)
Except chocolate from Poland 
I only eat wagashi.
Japanese sweets are the best.
In Japan my diet will naturally become almost gluten free haha xD


And... yes I survived a few days but I am really addicted..I gave up.. lost...
Apples.. you can be expensive but I can not live without you..
As the label says these are kawaii pink apples xD


For the end: best find ever.
Azuki bean ice cream! Cheap, vegan with full azuki beans.
I am in love <3


Even in house I have somehow become more pink.
In Japan everything naturally becomes pink and cute.
Just look at this vegetables and fruits packages!


Step by step I will get better with eating here.
It is quite useful that in bakeries you have all allergens written
so I can check if there are eggs or milk inside.
I feel like learning cooking since the very beginning
like becoming vegan for the 2nd time. Let's take it as a challenge.

ZapiszZapisz

1 comment:

  1. In belive in you! Good luck :D All that food looks very cute indeed <3

    ReplyDelete