Tuesday, August 23, 2016

Dreamlike welcome in typhoon

So it is a perfect time to write a blog.  5 a.m. Cicadas seem even more noisy when you feel sleepy.
Tried everything to fell asleep.
Lying on a bed. Music. Smartphone scrolling. Looking for something I was sure I lost. Planning food for tomorrow. Eating mochi. Anyway. Jet lack is much harder than two years ago. Well, at my first time in Japan I did not have any at all and fell so proud in front of all complaining people.
So here is my punishment.

Well, I am punished way too much this time.
Everything seemed to be well.




Direct flight Warsaw-Tokyo.
And I even arrived to Warsaw by plane. No time to get bored at the airport as the gap between flights was short. The size of my luggage was ok. Only two skirts under my dress. It was supposed to go smoothly.
Supposed. In theory. The plain was late because of weather and then we had to wait for the start allowance...
At least the flight was not that bad. I watched two movies and everything went quite quickly.



As you know my craze for food and vegan diet:
here is what Polish airlines served vegans. Down to up: dinner and breakfast:



So for dinner I had lentils dahl with millet. Not that bad actually considering all bad stories about LOT food. There was also a salat with dried tomatoes, olives and arugula. Dessert- just some fruits. They also added a roll with peach jam and... honey. Not that vegan but still I would forgive...

Breakfast was much worse.. Some rice with a small portion of raw vegetables. A few slices of fruits with sunflower seeds and again a roll and peach jam.... There are good jams in Japan.. Were they so afraid that I will miss it? Forgot to mention: there was honey again of course.
But it is not all story. There was also a special dessert! Chocolate bar Prince Polo! Yes, it is so vegan with whey and milk. So vegan that in fact people with regular meal sets did not receive it lol xD It made me doubt if all the rest of meal was really vegan...

Tokyo greeted me with rain...


...and typhoon. Dreamlike welcome I must say.

All these big luggages and small me in the middle of the typhoon was a great adventure
From Narita to Tokyo station (I recommend Keisei bus. Just 1000 yens. Cheapest one rarely used by tourists in fact). Then to Yokohama. Trains were late. The way seemed to have no end. We ask for cooperation... Sorry for delay... After all this time I could listen to these unending announcements well enough, if I even missed them actually. 

When finally arrived to the closest station I could not even use my gps properly as the wind was so strong. Looking for the way seemed like a nightmare. My umbrella was jerked here and there and my luggages were almost flying behind me. 

The most fascinating was the thought that I could just sit there and cry because there was no one who would see me missing at home. There was no one at home to call or ask for help. And this is how independence and self-reliance grow. I managed to survive it in spite of being all weak. I made it home with tears in my eyes. 

Japan showed me the power of nature in the very beginning. But here is me not that weak as I thought. And if there is something you can do to overcome your fears you should do it. If there is no way (as with jet lack) you can just survive and hope for the better. And eat mochi. Yes, especially eat mochi. Never forget about it!


1 comment:

  1. Hi!!! Nice blog - really happy you'd decided to share your time in Japan!

    So... I've never flight directly from Warsaw do Tokyo (nor to Osaka), so I'm curious how it was. I've heard that in Polish Dreamliner plane seats in economy class are very narrow and uncomfy. And how about movies - any Japanese? :D

    Yep, that typhoon (actually two typhoons) was really nasty. I am glad we (an our traveling rout) have not suffered from it since on Kyushu the weather was just perfect that time. But on TV it looked really bad. I'm happy for you, that your plane (and you) arrived safely.

    We are already back in Warsaw now, and miss Japan very much. Hope to come back as soon as possible. In February we will be very close as we will be spending a week in Seul, so maybe some quick and cheap local flight to JP... ;)

    Anyway, good luck and have a wonderful time!
    Best, Asia

    ReplyDelete